Tech Fund Backed Company Needs US-Based PHP Programmer
Our company is financed and backed by a tech fund, growing, and in need of a smart programmer. The projects we have are not boring websites. We're doing something new in the marketplace, hence the funding. If you want to be part of something smart, this is your gig. We need someone who writes clean code. These are ground-up projects. You will not be taking over someone else's crappy code and fixing it. This will be your code and we'll rely on your brains to make it work.
We're looking to be a core client for a great programmer that has availability right now for a very serious project. We need at least 20 hours per week, sometimes going up to 40 hours per week. Very importantly, we’re looking for the right fit. We enjoy our work immensely and are committed to changing a market. We’d like someone who shares that mindset but is not a robot.
NOTE: The tech partnership that invested in us requires US-based resources only. This is only open to US based resources. You must work US hours and speak English as if it's your first language. We are not working with agencies; individual contractors only please. We'll arrange phone interviews for later this week or early next week.
We're hiring an advanced LAMP programmer with deep MySQL experience to assist with 2 current projects and many future projects. Our internal programming team is looking forward to your help. This is going to be ongoing work in coordination with our team.
Here are the applications we need written by you:
1. SaaS Application User Management System
Requires building the screens for our employees to create new clients and maintain current clients. Also requires creating the screens so that clients can create their own internal users on our system. There's quite a bit more to it, but that's the gist.
2. Create a few specific APIs for bits of the communication between our clients machine and our centralized servers. Detail to be provided over the phone.
3. Bonus future project - Business Planning System (cashflow forecasting)
This is a big and intense application that is "planning" for small businesses. It requires extensive database work and interface creation. It's a portfolio-maker. If you like a challenge, this is it.
What you need for this position:
- excellent skills and motivation to be part of something fresh and new to the market
- experience with LAMP platform technologies
- experience working with MySQL and ability to write semi-complex queries, views, triggers, stored procedures, etc.
- knowledge of the Linux operating system
- experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Apache web service on Linux systems
- understanding database client connectivity configuration for Apache applications running under PHP
- understanding of Object Oriented design
This job is for real and we're putting a lot of money into it. If you like awesome, steady work from a great client, stop waiting and apply! Please send me links to sample applications or point out specific portfolio pieces and I will check them out. And thanks for reading to the bottom!
Skills: linux, apache