We’re looking for a rockstar developer to join the Jobtree family and help us do to recruitment what Google has done to search.
Jobtree is a job discovery platform - we don’t want to just help our users find jobs, we want to help them discover who they are!
We are a hungry company with huge ambitions and we see our product as a catalyst for disruptive innovation to Nigeria’s recruitment market. Like Google, there was search and then there was…Google. At Jobtree we’re building a brand that will become a huge force across Africa and so we are looking to build a developer team equal to that challenge.
About The Role
• You’ll build and work with a developer team to develop and shape fundamental code and product pre and post launch
• You’ll work closely with and advise founders on best practice, web 2.0 trends, and technical planning to meet business goals
• You’ll translate .PSD files to create responsive web pages that look great on desktop and mobile platforms.
• You’ll work collaboratively (and joyously) with design team to implement front-end solutions and oversee the seamless merging of back end programming & front-end designs
• You’ll own all testing & debugging to ensure the best UX at all times.
• You’ll use your rockstar awesomeness to help mentor, train, and lead other developers, provide work guidance as needed
• An extensive (and/or interesting) portfolio of consumer-facing projects you’ve lead or played a key role in as a developer.
• Super impressive command of PHP, HTML5, MySQL, and CSS3
• Passionate about Nigeria’s tech and startup community and have a keen desire to be a part of it.
• Familiar with and experience of the AWS array of products
• Ability to juggle a lot of tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in a fluid start-up team. Structure and team is being developed by us and YOU, so you need to be a team builder.
• Fresh-thinker, non-institutionalised, creative, bold, and fearless problem-solver.
To apply, send the following:
1. Your CV/portfolio
2. Answer the following three questions:
A: Give links to FIVE of your best work as is most relevant to the job description - must be traceable to you.
B: What experience do you have with Amazon Web Services?
C: Have you worked with classified/jobsearch sites before? What technologies did you use?
Only applications containing all the above will be considered.
Published: July, 2013