We have an existing php web service which we need to enhance. When called from a remote server, the file creates and/or logs in users to a MySQL database, and returns certain data to the remote server via SOAP web service.
We need this web service to return not only the current data, but also more detailed, granular data which is available in the MySQL db. A sample of this file along with more detailed requirements will be provided to short-listed candidates so you will fully understand what's involved in the project.
- Unix/Linux (You must be perfectly at ease operating within a Linux environment using the shell. The server is running Ubuntu 12.04 and no desktop GUI is or will be installed)
- Must be well versed in C programming
- Solid PHP expertise
- MySQL (The application's database is in MySQL, so obviously a critical component for success)
- SOAP: A good understanding of REST (GET/POST requests) may also be helpful
For you to be shortlisted for this project you must meet the following requirements:
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!! Your cost structure and subsequently your bids are simply not cost competitive. If you are an agency or broker and will not actually be doing the coding please do not bid, as such bids will be ignored.***
- Must show and demonstrate relevant references to past work related to this project
- Code must be clean, efficient and WELL DOCUMENTED!
- Must be able to communicate freely in English
Short-listed candidates will receive further questions and detailed requirements. Recently we have experienced freelancers failing to follow through on their projects, so please bid ONLY if you are serious about doing a thorough job. Please reference past feedback - we do our best to support the freelancer at every possible step, and when the project is completed we pay immediately.
Thank you for considering our project. Happy bidding and good luck!