Experienced and geographically dispersed team comprising 4 Ukrainian developers and 2 Argentinian QA's plus your Australian client need your guidance. Focus will shortly become our innovative world first on-line negotiation game (already in demo mode).
We won’t be considering candidates from India or surrounding countries, sorry.
We have a 5-6 hour a day requirement for either a strong Project Manager, or a full-time requirement for a Lead Developer who is looking to move into a Project Management role. If you also have a strong technical background, we will also want you to guide our team and client on the use of different technologies, and to provide scoping / estimates (8 hours per day).
Please let us know whether you’re an experienced PM, or a Lead Technical developer looking to move into Project Management. Also please let us know how you fit with the following:
1. Experienced in successfully Project Managing complex on-line / web application development
2. Experienced in coordinating a remote/dispersed team, incl QA's
3. Experienced in using and configuring JIRA
4. Experienced using the Iterative Development approach, or at least Agile / Scrum (please don't apply if you only have Waterfall experience)
5. Either experience in providing scoping/estimating for your development team to work towards, OR possess sufficient technical understanding to know when to challenge developers on their scoping / time estimations or when devs exceed estimations.
6. Delivering regular Reports to your client
7. Delivering to required quality levels without blowing time and budgetary constraints
8. Experience converting a UX's prototype and wireframes with annotations into JIRA issues containing sufficient instructions for your development team
9. Ability to research and then discuss technology options with a non-technical client, incl pros and cons; ensuring that your preferred recommendation is backed up by technological and financial considerations.
10. Coding too: If your background is in PHP, ajax and MySQL, ideally Zend framework too, and you want to do some programming - then this can be a full time role including coding the more complex areas about 2-3 hours per day once your PM duties are fulfilled. This is not essential.
11. You MUST possess Excellent Communication skills, and be prepared to demonstrate your ability to:
i) Explain complex technical options and challenges in language that a non-technical client will quickly understand and be able to make business decisions on. So your written & spoken levels of English must be very good.
ii) Explain complex specifications to developers in ways that ensure a quality build and minimises mistakes.
iii) Understand complex technical challenges, and be able to research and figure solutions
iv) Review team performance, providing constructive feedback coaching on technical performance, ensure the team adheres to our Systems and Procedures and the rest of our Values shared in our Social Contract: https://docs.google.com/document/d
Due to cost constraints, we have a strong preference for working directly with a freelancer.
To save us having to read copy-paste bids, please start your response with "Please find my resume attached" in the first line of your application, and of course include a copy of your resume/CV.
Skills: qa, management, agile, research, english, coaching