Is your Google-fu stronger than the power of thy holy instruction manual? We are a young, energetic IT Services company based in Sydney and we're seeking an Expert Google Apps consultant. Show us how awesome you are working with us and as we expand there will be the potential to manage other team members as we grow our team. We don't care whether you're an Android, Mac or a PC (we would prefer a bit of each) as long as you are wicked smart, crazy nice, and can work effectively remotely during Australian business hours (AEST). Most of your support work will be via email but there is the opportunity for phone support in the future.
We provide contract I.T. support to businesses (commonly known as Managed Services) -- many of whose are a mix of Macs, PCs and mobile devices and generally have between 5 and 200 staff. A large part of our business is now Google Apps migrations and support for Google Sites.
ABOUT THE GIG:
A LARGE part of this position will be deploying and managing Google Sites installations for clients alongside managing Google Apps migrations - this role will suit a detail oriented and process-driven professional. We work directly with Google on supporting their Google Apps leads and we are scaling up our business fast so this role will quickly grow into working with a larger distributed team. We are a high-performing team and this job will sometimes confront you with the unfamiliar. You'll need to be eager to respond with "I'll take a shot at it" instead of "I can't." You must be brave even if you're not confident.
Specifically, your tasks will be:
- Google Sites Support (training will be provided but a 'techo/googler' mindset will be required)
- Google Apps deployments (Google Apps 100 completion preferred otherwise happy to complete training). You MUST have completed at least 5 google apps deployments yourself and know the product well
- DNS & domain management using WHM and CPanel
- Good knowledge of google products i.e. Google Drive, Docs, Speadsheets - You will be troubleshooting forms and spreadsheets embedded into Google Sites
- Outlook error troubleshooting (especially google connector)
- Migration of emails from Exchange servers (using Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Exchange)
- iPad email support (based on support document guidelines). This includes management of client iPads and other devices on our Mobile Device Management system, Airwatch. You will be helping to on-board them and push out google settings.
- Basic Active Directory (able to log into a server and run user queries etc. ). You will need to be able to deploy the Google Apps Active Directory sync tool
We're looking for somebody with the following talents and circumstances:
- Care. About your quality of life, your colleagues, your clients, your community, your future. Have big dreams!
- Be a very fast, self-managed learner.
- Care about what others think of you.
- Have a reading habit.
- Have opinions about aesthetics.
- Enjoy people.
- Get an intense satisfaction in learning about new technology
- Be a geek. Get excited about new product features and releases.
- Laugh a lot, keep positive in tough situations
- Have passions outside of computers, too.
- Hate sending out emails that have spelling and grammar errors. Get annoyed when you notice misspellings in public signage. Send posts from unnecessaryquotes.com to your friends and family regularly.
- Did we mention: BE AWESOMELY PASSIONATE ABOUT TECHNOLOGY. You won't fit in unless you're on the same page as us and can tell us about how you linked your twitter to an RSS feed which updates your Facebook and Instagram accounts simultaneously...
WHERE DO I APPLY:
Please submit the following in PDF format (or link us to a Google Drive Document); we will not consider incomplete applications
1. A cover letter letting us know who you are and why you want this job. Don't be afraid to get creative! We once asked for a 'Motivational Cover Letter' in a job ad, one candidate sent us a demotivator with a warped photo of his face from OSX Photo Booth and the caption "Hire Me". We did.
2. The following information - There is no correct answer to these questions, we just want to get to know you a little better:
a. What are your favorite Google, Mac and Windows-related blog/news/tech/anything websites, and why?
b. Some details on previous Google Apps implementations that you've completed. Tell us the horror stories and the highlights. What kind of businesses have you helped move to Google?
c. What's your opinion of how Google Apps and Google's other services can change the world?
d. Are you an Android, Mac or PC?
3. A resume, including salary history (or link to online profile)
We look forward to considering all qualified applicants. Good luck!
- Principals only. Recruiters and agencies or outsourcing companies, please don't waste your time contacting this job poster.
Skills: training, troubleshooting, ipad, management, grammar, twitter, facebook, pdf, outsourcing