Uken is looking for a talented DevOps engineer to work with our development team to manage and improve our rapidly growing infrastructure. The job would require 10-20 hours/week plus being part of our on call schedule.
You'd be working on meaningful things like:
- scaling our infrastructure to handle millions of concurrent users;
- enabling fast, reliable, user experiences by measuring and optimizing across the entire technology stack;
- fixing issues as they come up, and then making sure that issue will never happen a second time;
- automating and building tools to improve developer processes, such as continuous deployment.
Your background should include:
- proven software engineering skills;
- excellent understanding of web architecture;
- a passion for measuring and optimizing everything;
- experience scaling web applications with very large user bases;
- the ability to measure and optimize performance across our entire technology stack;
- experience with some of the technologies we use: ruby, rails, nginx, unicorn, mysql, redis, memcached, jenkins, chef, nagios, github, aws, zookeeper, couchbase, resque, sidekiq, hadoop, elasticsearch;
Uken is one of the only true cross platform gaming companies around. We build fun social and mobile games that make people stare, smile, jump, and feel awesome inside. We have a quirky nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, and a data driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries and we’ve done exactly that with HTML5. We work on products that are used by millions of people everywhere and we’re just getting started.