SQL & Application Consultant
SQL & Application Consultant
Job Summary: The role is part of technical operations for a dynamic and forward-thinking ISV. The software product you will be supporting is an enterprise-class data warehousing and workflow tool, used by some of the world’s largest and most demanding blue-chip organisations. You will be part of a team responsible for all operational aspects of the software delivery and support. You will be working primarily with external clients, but also with some internal responsibilities.
Job Description: You will join our team of application support engineers working closely with the development team, in an agile development environment. You will draw upon a broad base of technical skills to fulfill a wide range of responsibilities:
* Remote connections into our clients
* Understanding source data for new customers
* Manipulating and cleansing raw data
* Writing stored procedures to automate the application
* Installing and configuring the application based on requirements
* Creating hosted installations of the application
* Maintaining records of customers specific configurations
* Write scripts for automation using the software’s API
* Raising feature requests based on customer feedback
* 24*7 On-call as part of a rota
* Support and maintain source control
* Create and maintain configuration and administration documentation for the application
* Write custom reports in tSQL
* Application testing as part of the release cycle
* Diagnosing, recording and troubleshooting bugs
* Recreating bugs that are only evident under specific conditions
* Create and maintain dummy data for functional and performance testing
* Maintain continuous integration and automated testing
* Administer Active Directory, SCCM and other lab installations
* Install and investigate new versions of products that integrate with the application
* Install and investigate products to assess their suitability for integration with the application
* Maintain all demo and testing instances of the application
* Maintain Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, etc..)
* Administer internal servers and virtual machines
* Maintain VPN, Active Directory and network
Clear deliverables will be set and you must manage these to agreed milestones and deadlines, collaborating with the Operations Manager to give progress reports and understand changing requirements. You will be working remotely from the rest of the team, so an ability to self-manage and self-motivate is essential. Communication will be a key skill to enable you to work effectively with others in the team and understand cross-impacts. You must be flexible enough to adapt to a rapidly changing development landscape, whilst managing your time effectively to be able to meet deadlines.
* SQL Server administration and development (2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014) – Essential
* Visual Studio 2010, C# and ASP.Net
* Microsoft Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
* IIS 7.0, 7.5 and 8.0
* SMS 2003, SCCM 2007/2012
* Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012
* Microsoft Azure & Amazon Web Services
* Software testing and quality assurance
* Customer focus
* Technical training and writing
* Source Control (Mercurial/BitBucket)
* Any other desktop management systems e.g. OpenManage, LANDesk, etc...
Practicalities: Core working hours are 9am to 6pm (CST), Monday to Friday. The role is based remotely, you must have an excellent and reliable broadband connection in order to connect to our clients.
You will supply your own laptop, headset and ensure you have a reliable broadband connection. We will supply all necessary software.
Fluent English is essential.
Other open jobs by this client
- Fixed-Price – Jira On-Demand Report Writer