Windows7 Guru: Help us customize deployment environment
We have a Java based application we sell to a certain industry segment. We need help customizing our windows based deployment configuration into something similar to a kiosk machine. Here are a few tasks we need help with, others will follow:
1) Boot windows 7 to our java application (auto login our standard user?)
2) No start menu and no way for users to run programs. Task bar is ok because it helps with window management, etc.
3) Chrome browser launch with no way for users to choose web urls. Target url will be passed from command line.
4) Command line scan utility that will work with a majority of scanners (portable scanners preferred)
5) Exiting java application makes computer restart.
6) Turn off windows updates because they interfere with business.
7) Is there a way to script all this so that a script can be executed and turn on or off this "kiosk" mode?