Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
Work on a fun & exciting project with other top-notch developers! You'll be working with experienced engineers using a variety of cutting-edge technologies to build a web framework that will enable web developers to create schema-based, offline-enabled, and synchronizing web applications, for desktop, tablet, & mobile platforms.
We are looking for excellent developers that write great code, love testing, and have a lot of expertise & creativity to share.
For this job you will work on the Syncro framework: https://github.com/mkopala/syncro
Automated tests will be written using mocha for the API, and mocha or an alternative for the client-side code.
One a high level of code coverage is attained, we will continue to improve the framework, using BDD and TDD.
This should take 10 - 15 minutes if you have the requisite experience.
To apply, follow these steps:
1. clone this repo: https://github.com/mkopala/syncro-
2. get the Todos example up & running in your browser, add a few todos, and take a screenshot
3. take a screenshot of the console logging output on the server
3. apply on oDesk:
* start your cover letter with "I love testing!"
* attach the screenshots to your job application
node.js, MongoDB, Mongoose, CoffeeScript, express, socket.io, Backbone, persistence.js, jQuery, redis, HTML5, sqlite, PhoneGap, git
I will be providing the outline of what needs to be tested. You will (most likely):
* write mocha tests for the socket.io API (see existing code in 'tests/add.coffee')
* get code coverage working & create a target to generate coverage reports
* write tests for the client-side Backbone model generation, synchronization code, and persistence
* Tasks & updates will be managed using a task & project management system built on the Syncro framework
* Fork the Syncro GitHub repository and send pull requests as work is completed
* Use of Skype or Google Talk (or equivalent) for IM & voice chat is required
* Excellent communication skills (required) & spoken English (preferred)
Check out my blog to know more about who you'll be working with: http://mattkopala.com/
Skills: english, management