iOS Travel Map App
iOS Travel Map App
Closed - This job posting has been filled and work has been completed.
TripWhat is a website and mobile app to help you plan your next trip. You can start from your current location (if you're exploring a new city on holiday), or enter a destination you're going to visit!
- Pan and zoom the map to change the search, e.g. the visual bounds of the map constrain the search (you can see this on the website)
- Save places to your trip, then see them all on a map together (e.g. choose a couple attractions to visit, and a restaurant to eat at, then see how close they are to each other)
- See attached detailed mockups (design is starting in parallel)
- See our webapp (under construction) to get a feel: http://tripwhat.com (username: travel, password: travel)
This project involves developing an iOS app to complement the website!
I don't imagine this is a large project (for someone who knows iOS app development well, and has built apps like this), but, we're planning to get many more apps built for other verticals, so likely this could be the start of an ongoing relationship.
- Support iOS 5.1 and newer, on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone5
- Take advantage of retina screen when present
- Take advantage of taller/wider iPhone5 screen when present
- No server side work is required, we'll work with you to expose a simple API (HTTP, rest)
- The app needs to be very fast, incredibly simple, elegant, user friendly, and follow best practices for iOS apps
- Must be native objective C
- Code hosted in our github account
- Must use the recent Google Maps SDK for IOS
If you're interested in this job:
1. please mention codeword ManBearPig
2. provide (3) iTunes urls for apps you've built that I can try out (the more relevant the better)
- The budget and timeline I set are not finalized